The Campine acts as a hub between the Benelux and Germany. The E313 and E34, the Albert Canal, the Iron Rhine and the proximity of the port of Antwerp are important assets which stimulate entrepreneurship and provide creative and innovative impulses.
Schuermans advocaten has its roots in the Campine. Carried by the Campine dynamics, the firm not only has become an established reference in the area, but also is recognized both nationally and internationally, in several specific practice areas.
We highly value the ideals of the Campine:
entrepreneurship, labour and persistence. Our 85-year history guarantees this.
Also in the Campine an economic transformation of the industrial and agricultural systems shall take place. We feel strongly connected with the area, and actively contribute to accomplish this. Therefore the team of Schuermans advocaten is closely involved in the economic, social and political networks of the Campine:
- Schuermans advocaten is an active member of Voka Mechelen-Kempen, Etion, Unizo;
- Jean-Luc Schuermans is a director of Voka Mechelen-Kempen and a member of Ondernemend Turnhout;
- Tom Hens is a director of Blenders (formerly SPK) (Campine strategic project organization);
- Tom Hens is vice-dean of the Antwerp province bar association and Member of the Council of the Antwerp province bar association;
- Tom Hens is a member of the General Assembly of the Association of Flemish Bars;
- Tom Hens and Kathleen Crommen are members of De Kempische Verzekeringskring (the Campine Insurance Society);
- Tom Hens is the chairman of the children’s art festival Stormopkomst (CC de Warande Turnhout).