The Campine acts as a hub between the Benelux and Germany. The E313 and E34, the Albert Canal, the Iron Rhine and the proximity of the port of Antwerp are important assets which stimulate entrepreneurship and provide creative and innovative impulses.
Schuermans advocaten has its roots in the Campine. Carried by the Campine dynamics, the firm not only has become an established reference in the area, but also is recognized both nationally and internationally, in several specific practice areas.
We highly value the ideals of the Campine:
entrepreneurship, labour and persistence. Our 90-year history guarantees this.
Also in the Campine an economic transformation of the industrial and agricultural systems is taking place. We feel strongly connected with the area, and actively contribute to accomplish this. Therefore the team of Schuermans advocaten is closely involved in the economic, social and political networks of the Campine:
- Schuermans advocaten is an active member of Voka Mechelen-Kempen, Etion, Unizo;
- Jean-Luc Schuermans is a director of Voka Mechelen-Kempen and a member of Ondernemend Turnhout;
- Tom Hens and Kathleen Crommen are members of de Kempische Verzekeringskring (the Campine Insurance Society);
- Tom Hens and Brechtje Scheers are members of the Real Estate Community Voka Mechelen-Kempen;
- Ben De Groof is member of Jong Voka Mechelen-Kempen;
- Koen Van den Wyngaert is member of the Municipal Commission for Urban Planning Zandhoven (deputy - expert) and member of the Entrepreneurs network Zandhoven