Reasoning is my profession. Solving is my mission.
Tom Hens is particularly adept in the areas of liability and insurance law and its application to specific sectors. Among others:
- he acts in building disputes and has a thorough knowledge of construction law and technical insurances.
- he represents the interests of the liberal professions (and their insurers) in disputes concerning their professional liability.
- he regularly defends the interests of transporters with regard to transport damage.
He also assists enterprises in business law, primarily in the drafting of contracts.
His engagement in different social and economic organizations gives him a wide range of general knowledge and insights that go beyond the strictly legal and which add value for his clients.
Tom Hens advises and pleads in Dutch, French and English.
- Author of several publications and lectures on Contracts and Insurance Law
- Vice-dean Turnhout of the Antwerp province bar association and Member of the Council of the Antwerp province bar association
- Member of the General Assembly of the Association of Flemish Bars
- Member of De Kempische Verzekeringskring (the Campine Insurance Society)
- Member of De Verzekeringsjuristen (the Insurance Lawyers)
- Member of De Vereniging voor Bouwrecht (the Belgian Association for Construction Law)
- Director of Blenders (formerly SPK) (Campine strategic project organization)
- City Council President Vosselaar
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Kandidaat in de rechten, 1987)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Licentiaat in de rechten, 1990)