I master the rules, but also the exceptions.
Koen Van den Wyngaert is specialized in administrative law. He focuses on a thorough and practical expertise in urban and environmental law and the real estate sector. He advises project developers, architects and land surveyors in matters of permit issues or urban planning visions and defends these projects with local or higher administrative authorities. Also the field of public procurement and public–private partnership is practised by him. The review of contracts and legal assistance before or after the tender decision are also a common activity.
Each time he seeks to make an honest opinion regarding the interests at stake and combined with a healthy dose of legal combativeness, he discusses with the client the scenarios for an efficient solution to the problem at hand.
He pleads frequently in the Council of State, the Council of Permits Disputes and the Constitutional Court. The civil courts and tribunals are also regularly approached in several kinds of disputes, for instance the validity and practicality of permits and the liability of numerous construction parties and authorities.
Koen Van den Wyngaert advises and pleads in Dutch, French and English.
- Author of several publications on administrative law
- Winner Moot Court Competition Jonge Conferentie Turnhout 2015
- Laureate Vlaams Pleitjuweel 2015
- Member of the Belgian Association for Construction Law
- Member of the Flemish Association for Environmental Law
- Member of the Municipal Commission for Urban Planning Zandhoven (deputy - expert)
- Member of the Entrepreneurs network Zandhoven
- Universiteit Antwerpen (Bachelor in de rechten, 2010)
- Universiteit Antwerpen (Master in de rechten, 2012)