Also the person behind the entrepreneur receives my full attention.
Jean-Luc Schuermans focuses on business law and corporate law. He has a rich experience in litigation and arbitration between shareholders, directors’ liability and liability of accountants, financial institutions and intermediaries. He has a particular expertise in the area of acquisitions. Internationally active enterprises appreciate his multilingualism and Anglo-American education and practice, particularly in cross-border projects and transactions.
Also the person behind the entrepreneur receives his full attention and in restructurings he is sensitive to industrial consolidation and employment.
Jean-Luc Schuermans advises and pleads in Dutch, French and English.
- Author of several publications on liability law
- Substitute Judge of the Business Court of Antwerp, department of Turnhout
- Member of Cepani
- Director of Voka Mechelen-Kempen
- Facultés Universitaires Notre Dame de la Paix, Namen (Kandidaat in de rechten, 1987)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Licentiaat in de rechten, 1990)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles (Bijzonder licenciaat verzekeringsrecht en -economie, 1992)
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, NC, USA (LL.M., 1994)
- Eastern China University School of Law, Shanghai, PRC (Summer Program, 1995)