Employees are the most important asset of the enterprise. Our first aspiration is to improve the collaboration between employer and employee. We advise on remuneration, on agreements between employers and employees, and on working conditions. In the event of conflicts between employers and employees Schuermans advocaten uses all means to achieve as early as possible results which ensure the proper functioning of both the enterprise and the employee.
We assist both employers and employees.
Our practice includes:
- individual employment agreements
- collective employment agreements
- labour regulations
- remuneration and employment benefits
- individual and collective conflicts (dismissal, discrimination, collective redundancies, strikes, sit-ins, …)
- wellbeing at work
- international employment
- restructuring (closure, outsourcing, transfer of business,…)
- service agreements, consultancy agreements, …
- statute of self-employment
- privacy and control at the workplace.
Advising a Dutch manufacturer of 3D printers on employment through a branch in Belgium.
Procedure to cease pickets in a dozen industrial zones at the request of an employers’ organization and its members.
Disputes in the context of CAO 32bis.
Defense of a company which was presumed liable for a work accident in accordance with the Welfare Law.
Inadmissibility of the (criminal) prosecution for alleged breaches of employment legislation contrary to the case law of the European Court of Human Rights.