My task: to convert information, knowledge and experience into usable wisdom.
Luc Schuermans specializes in liability and insurance law and business law in general. He has a long standing experience in litigation and dispute resolution before the courts and as an arbitrator in CEPANI and ad hoc arbitrations. For thirty years he taught insurance law at the law faculty of the Universiteit Antwerpen. He is the author of Grondslagen van het Belgische Verzekeringsrecht of which the third edition in 2015 was also taken care of by his colleague Prof. Dr. Caroline Van Schoubroeck.
His aspiration is to exercise the legal profession on a high ethical and professional level, in an atmosphere of ongoing commitment to the concerns and expectations of the client.
Luc Schuermans advises, pleads and arbitrates in Dutch, French and English and has a good knowledge of Italian.
- Em. Professor of Insurance Law at the law faculty of the Universiteit Antwerpen
- Author of several books and articles on insurance law and liability law
- Member of Cepani
Member of the executive committee of Unidroit (Rome)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Kandidaat in de rechten, 1960)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Doctor in de rechten, 1963)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Licenciaat Notariaat, 1963)
- Facoltà di Giurisprudenza, Università di Roma, Italië (Certificate, 1965)
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, USA (LL.M., 1966)