Finding a solution to a complex problem gives me satisfaction.
Brechtje Scheers focuses on estate law, real estate law and notarial law. She regularly handles disputes concerning inheritances and donations. She has a rich experience in litigation and advice in matters of sale and purchase, easements, demarcation, leasehold and superficies. In addition, she has developed a specific expertise in notarial liability.
Due to her university assignment at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, she keeps track of the most recent academic developments. This is a source of inspiration for her daily practice and an added value for her clients.
Brechtje Scheers advises and pleads in Dutch, French and English.
- Author of several publications on Estate law
- Teaching assistant Institute for Civil Procedure (Faculty of Law) KU Leuven
- Director of the Department of contracts of the Antwerp province bar association
- Member of Real Estate Community Voka Mechelen-Kempen
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Bachelor in de rechten, 2008)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Master in de rechten, 2010)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Master in het notariaat, 2017)