When a company gets into financial difficulty, it heavily weighs on the business owner and the employees. Suppliers, customers, financiers and investors also suffer the consequences. We use our expertise to alleviate concerns as much as possible and to reach workable solutions as quickly as possible.
Schuermans advocaten assists enterprises in difficulty, but also other stakeholders such as suppliers, customers, financiers and investors.
Our practice includes:
- assistance of enterprises in difficulty (incl. the law on the continuity of companies / judicial reorganisation)
- securities, privileges and mortgages
- directors’ liability in bankruptcy
- auditors’ liability in bankruptcy
- negotiations with and for financial institutions
- dissolution and liquidation of companies.
Restructurings, including of a printing company (over 200 employees) and a fruit juice producer (over 60 employees) within the framework of the law on the continuity of companies.
Representation of the interests of the foreign co-insurers of the auditor of the bankrupt.
Contesting the liability claim by the bankruptcy receivers against directors.
Professional liability claim at the request of a banking consortium against the auditor of the bankrupt.
Contesting the liability claim by the bankruptcy receivers against a bank.