The life cycle of each enterprise encounters developments that shape the future. Whether mergers, acquisitions, restructurings or investments, Schuermans advocaten explicitly positions itself as a ‘deal-maker’ in the strategic transactions of enterprises.
We advise enterprises, directors and shareholders on all aspects of corporate law.
Our practice includes:
- advice and assistance in the fulfilment of corporate governance (board of directors, shareholders’ meeting, …)
- founding, dissolution and liquidation of companies
- mergers and acquisitions
- share buybacks
- management buy outs
- transfer of business assets
- shareholders agreements
- directors’ liability
- auditors’ liability
- disputes between shareholders and/or directors and permanent representatives
- succession in family businesses
- capital increases, investment and financing operations
Cross-border consolidation of Belgian and Dutch familial waffle producers through an equity transaction.
Acquisition by a Dutch cosmetics manufacturer of the branch of a Bel-20 competitor.
Transfer of all shares in a medical software developer to a Bel-20 imaging company.
Rejection of the nullity of an SPA between two Euronext Brussels listed companies.
Management buy-outs, including in the field of drug registration and construction.
Merger between the Belgian subsidiaries of a Dutch logistics group.
Rejection of the claim for annulment by a minority shareholder of the merger of two operating companies of a Euronext Brussels listed holding company.